Accelerate: Collaborating for Sustainability Conference | 2013 Summary
From June 10-11, 2013, almost two hundred inspired thought leaders, decision makers, sustainability practitioners, and educators gathered for the Accelerate: Collaborating for Sustainability Conference in Guelph, Ontario. Using a mix of plenary, breakout and group process technology on the agenda, we hosted twelve sessions that showcased the expertise and real life experience of 37 speakers from across all sectors and backgrounds.
The Natural Step Canada convened Accelerate because we—and the organizations we work with—realize that an organization can only go so far alone on their sustainability journey before they run up against barriers that require them to work with new partners. We hear the increasing calls for greater engagement and collaboration with diverse groups to solve the complex sustainability challenges of our time.
Using many of the dialogue education processes that have become mainstays of The Natural Step’s courses, Accelerate strove to inspire participants to increase their commitment to change. The agenda offered the chance to deepen learning about collaboration from experts and practitioners, to experience collaboration while creating connections with other change agents, and to seed new collaborative initiatives.
Conference Session Summaries
- Click here to read short summaries of each of the conference sessions
- Click here to download the Open Space Report from the conference
What others are saying
- Collaborating Effectively: forming impact-driven partnerships by Devon Krainer
- Why Collaboration Matters: The Platform for Social Innovation by Tim Draimin
- News from the Collaboration Trenches: Insights from Tim Brodhead by Mary Pickering
- The balance between passion and process by Joeri van den Steenhoven
- The Natural Step celebrates ten years in Canada by Embassy of Sweden
- A Sustainable Society is Possible – Chad Park’s post-Accelerate Reflections
Thank You For Your Support
Thank you as well to all of the Accelerate participants who contributed to the discussions, asked thoughtful questions, shared their passions, and made Accelerate come to life. Of course, Accelerate would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors and endorsing partners. We therefore extend a heartfelt thank you to each of them.