IMPACT! Sustainability Champions Training: Program
From inspiration to idea to launch and beyond
If you are accepted into the IMPACT! Sustainability Champions Training program, you will be asked to:
Phase 1: Pre-Workshop Preparation (2 hours)
- Share information in a brief survey about your current skills and experience, and to express what you hope to get out of this program.
- Complete the award-winning Sustainability 101 eLearning course (1 hour).
- Engage in a short online leadership exercise.
Phase 2: Workshop and Related Activities (3 days)
- Participate in an inspiring 3-day training workshop to deepen your sustainability understanding and build your skills and confidence to lead tangible sustainability projects and social enterprises.
- Connect with peers and community leaders via engaging networking events.
Phase 3: Post-Workshop Personal Development & Project Planning/Implementation (self-paced)*
- Receive a suite of tools and resources to help plan and implement your initiative.
- Develop a project overview and a business plan for your initiative.
- Be matched with experienced mentors and coaching opportunities to guide your personal, professional, and project development.**
- Participate in webinars and/or meet ups to continue your learning, advance your initiative, and strengthen relationships with your fellow participants.
- Engage in a social innovation co-working community with a free 4-month membership to: access shared office and meeting space; obtain support services to foster project incubation, acceleration, and collaboration; take advantage of additional learning opportunities; grow your network; and strengthen your capacity as a changemaker.**
- Learn about opportunities to gain seed funding for your initiative.
- Plan and implement a new initiative in your community, or take on a leadership role to advance an existing opportunity. This may include ideation, project development, testing, piloting, prototyping, launching, succeeding, failing, evaluating, learning, and more.
- Share your story and project updates through a variety of channels—including the online IMPACT! Platform and social media—to amplify your reach, connect with peers, share resources, report on progress, discuss lessons learned, celebrate achievements, and plan next steps.
*Phase 3 is optional and open to all participants who wish to take advantage of these opportunities and supports, except where noted otherwise.
**This activity is optional and participation will be limited and competitive.
Phase 4: Reflection and Catapult Forward (2 hours)
- Report on your progress, share feedback, commit to next steps, and learn about opportunities to support the next phase of your personal and project development.
I'm interested... tell me more!
For more details about the programming, including our workshop agenda and facilitator profiles, please see our detailed Program Guide.
Take the plunge
NOTE: Specific programming and support offered may vary from session to session and is subject to change.