Level 1 Sustainability Course: Foundations in Sustainability-Inspired Strategy (Vancouver, BC)
A Transformative Approach to Innovation, Strategy, and Results
The Natural Step Canada’s Level 1 Sustainability Course: Foundations in Sustainability-Inspired Strategy is an opportunity to apply the core concepts of sustainability. In this compelling 1-day workshop you will work through a hands-on case study using The Natural Step Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development, giving you the knowledge and tools to better understand strategy and take a systemic approach to planning and managing sustainability initiatives. After this workshop, you will be better equipped to take a sustainability leadership role in your organization to capture value, enable innovation, and drive strategy.
This course is taught by engaging facilitators who have worked with businesses and communities—large and small—across Canada and around the world. It draws upon The Natural Step’s 25+ years of practical sustainability experience researching, developing, and refining our approach with countless global clients and partners.
Should I take this course?
The Level 1 Sustainability Course: Foundations in Sustainability-Inspired Strategy is designed for any professional whose goal is to lead or influence sustainability-related change processes, whether in a sustainability role or not. The only pre-requisite is to have an appetite for the skills and tools to more effectively communicate, plan, influence, and manage sustainability initiatives. As a graduate, you will be able to explain and begin to apply The Natural Step Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development to enable your business, community, or organization to take a leadership role in sustainability.
How much does it cost?
- Course Pricing:
- Early Bird Round 1: First 10 registrations or ending on July 30th, 2015 $400 CDN + tax
- Early Bird Round 2: Second 10 registrations or ending on September 15th, 2015, $500 CDN + tax
- Regular Price: Ending on October 15th, 2015 (last day of registration), $600 + tax
- Groups of 3 or more: 10% discount
- CMC-Canada member: 15% discount
- Cancellation policy
- If cost is a barrier to attendance please contact mmayer(at)naturalstep.ca to discuss options.
If you wish to also register in the adjacent Level 2 course, happening October 21-23, you can receive special pricing (pricing outlined on the Level 2 Sustainability Course event webpage).
What will I get?
- A customized, 1-day workshop (including lunch and refreshments)
- A comprehensive workbook to use during the workshop and keep for your reference
- A 1-year license for our award-winning Sustainability 101 eLearning course
- A certificate of completion from The Natural Step Canada
What will I learn?
Before the workshop, you will complete our 1-hour Sustainability 101 eLearning course on your own time as an introduction to the core concepts of The Natural Step Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development. All participants will arrive at the workshop with a shared language and understanding of sustainability basics, which will enhance our interaction and discussion to make the most of our time together.
Throughout the day, you will interact closely with your peers, discussing and presenting your ideas and challenges back to the group. There will also be ample opportunities to network before and after the course, during breaks, and over the lunch hour.
Where is this taking place?
British Columbia Institute of Technology- Downtown Campus, Room 840, 555 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 3H6.
Who are the course instructors?
Associate, Event Support
Please contact Matt Mayer at mmayer(at)naturalstep.ca for questions about the course.
Please help us spread the word...
- @TNS_Canada Level 1 #Sustainability Course is coming to #Vancouver! For more information and to register please visit http://bit.ly/tnslevel1van
- The Natural Step Canada Level 1 Sustainability course is coming to Vancouver! For more information and to register please visit http://bit.ly/tnslevel1van
This event uses 100% renewable energy
The Natural Step Canada's events, courses, and workshops have been generously supplied with 100% renewable energy by our partner Bullfrog Power. Learn more about Bullfrog's green electricity option.
All cancellations must be received in writing. The amount paid, minus a 20% processing fee, will be refunded for all cancellations received 30 days prior to the course start date. A refund of 50% of the price paid will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the course start date. However, no refund will be issued for cancellations received within 7 days of the course start date. Note that we are not issuing credit notes at this time but that you may substitute another person if you are unable to attend.
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel the course within fourteen days of the course start date. If the course is cancelled we will provide a full refund however, we are not responsible for travel and accommodation costs.