Level 2 Sustainability Course: Deep Dive into Application and Practice
A Transformative Approach to Innovation, Strategy, and Results
Sustainability has the potential to drive innovation and value creation for businesses and communities around the world. The Natural Step Canada’s Level 2 Sustainability Course: Deep Dive into Application and Practice is designed for sustainability professionals and those looking to enable sustainability-related change processes. In this course you will practice using tools and processes to:
- Assess the value of sustainability for your organization
- Address objections and build buy-in among your colleagues
- Integrate sustainability into your organizational culture
- Evaluate and integrate feedback on your organization’s own sustainability programs and efforts
- Expand your network of peers in the sustainability field
Level 2 Sustainability Course Schedule
Stay tuned for upcoming locations and course dates.
This course is for people who have responsibility for change processes in their business, community, or organization and want to expand their capacity to lead this, as well as people who would like to take a leadership role in sustainable change within their organization. Past participants have included:
- Sustainability coordinators and managers
- Corporate VPs and Directors of Sustainability
- People responsible for product and service innovation in their organization
- Marketing, communications, and branding people looking to better understand and communicate the sustainability imperative
- Poets and artists interested in the impact of sustainability to their work and communication
- Futurist and systems thinkers ("future proofing")
- Biologists and ecologists looking to apply fundamental principles of sustainability to their ecosystem work
- Graduate students focusing on sustainability
Do you want to organize your own training for a group in your community?
The Natural Step Canada is now delivering our Level 2 course in partnership with community groups across Canada. If you're interested in finding out how to bring a Level 2 course to your community please contact tseed(at)naturalstep.ca.
To participate in the Level 2 Sustainability Course, you must have completed one or more of the following:
- The Natural Step Canada's Level 1 Sustainability Course: Foundations in Strategy
- The Natural Step Canada's Integrated Community Sustainability Planning Course
- Masters in Strategic Leadership Toward Sustainability Program at Blekinge Institute of Technology
- Significant engagement with The Natural Step as a client (to be assessed by The Natural Step Canada’s sustainability advisors)
- Relevant education and/or experience (to be assessed by The Natural Step Canada’s sustainability advisors)
This course combines online learning sessions and an in-person workshop. Specifically, it includes:
- Online Seminar #1: Online learning and coaching webinar facilitated by our experienced sustainability advisors
- 3-day in-person workshop: Facilitated according to the best practices of participatory, adult learning (includes lunch, refreshments, and all course materials)
- Online Seminar #2: Online learning and coaching webinar facilitated by our experienced sustainability advisors
- Personalized feedback and coaching from our sustainability advisors on homework assignments
- A certificate of completion from The Natural Step Canada
Building on The Natural Step Canada’s Level 1 Sustainability Course, these 3 days will focus on the application of sustainability processes and will leverage the expertise of your fellow participants and facilitators. You will practice real time development of sustainability strategy, present your results for feedback and refinement, and leave with experiences to underpin a successful sustainability change process in your organization.
You will be exposed to world-class facilitators who are internationally-recognized sustainability practitioners.
Each day you will interact closely with your peers, discussing and presenting your ideas and challenges back to the group. There will also be ample opportunities to network throughout the course.
In this course, you will:
- Conduct a Sustainability Value Assessment of your business, community, or organization
- Strategize how to mobilize colleagues, address objections, and get buy-in to advance sustainability in your business, community, or organization
- Practice an elevator pitch to make the case for sustainability
- Explore the ecological and social science basis of The Natural Step Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development
- Reframe your organization’s purpose in terms of meeting basic human needs
- Practice techniques for facilitating a sustainability change process
- Design and receive feedback on a sustainability program for your business, community, or organization
Receive all the latest Sustainability Learning Program news and updates by signing up for our newsletter. Thank you, and welcome! Please note you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.