Level 2 Sustainability Course: Deep Dive into Application and Practice (Vancouver, BC)
A Transformative Approach to Innovation, Strategy, and Results
Sustainability has the potential to drive innovation and value creation for businesses and communities around the world. The Natural Step Canada’s Level 2 Sustainability Course: Deep Dive into Application and Practice is designed for sustainability professionals and those looking to enable sustainability-related change processes. In this course you will practice using tools and processes to:
- Assess the value of sustainability for your organization
- Address objections and build buy-in among your colleagues
- Integrate sustainability into your organizational culture
- Evaluate and integrate feedback on your organization’s own sustainability programs and efforts
- Expand your network of peers in the sustainability field
Should I take this course?
This course is for people who have responsibility for change processes in their business, community, or organization and want to expand their capacity to lead this, as well as people who would like to take a leadership role in sustainable change within their organization. Past participants have included:
- Sustainability coordinators and managers
- Corporate VPs and Directors of Sustainability
- People responsible for product and service innovation in their organization
- Marketing, communications, and branding people looking to better understand and communicate the sustainability imperative
- Poets and artists interested in the impact of sustainability to their work and communication
- Community activists
- Futurist and systems thinkers ("future proofing")
- Biologists and ecologists looking to apply fundamental principles of sustainability to their ecosystem work
- Graduate students focusing on sustainability
What are the pre-requisites?
To participate in the Level 2 Sustainability Course, you must have completed one or more of the following:
- The Natural Step Canada's Level 1 Sustainability Course: Foundations in Strategy
- The Natural Step Canada's Integrated Community Sustainability Planning Course
- Masters in Strategic Leadership Toward Sustainability Program at Blekinge Institute of Technology
- Significant engagement with The Natural Step as a client (to be assessed by The Natural Step Canada’s sustainability advisors)
- Relevant education and/or experience (to be assessed by individual application by workshop instructor who are Associates of The Natural Step Canada)
- Course Pricing:
- Early Bird Round 1: First 10 registrations or ending on July 30th, 2015 $1,500 CDN + tax
- Early Bird Round 2: Second 10 registrations or ending on September 15th, 2015, $1,750 CDN + tax
- Regular Price: Ending on October 15th, 2015 (last day of registration), $2,000 + tax
- Special Pricing for Current Registrants of Level 1 Sustainability Course: Foundations in Strategy (Vancouver, BC) from Tuesday, October 20, 2013 - 8:30am to 4:30pm also booking Level 2: Sustainability Course (same number of tickets and closing dates for discounts as above apply):
- Total cost for registering for both Level 1 & Level 2 Sustainability Courses:
Early Bird Round 1: $1,710 CDN + tax
Early Bird Round 2: $2,025 CDN + tax
Regular Pricing: $2,340 CDN + tax
- Groups of 3 or more: 10% discount
- CMC-Canada member: 15% discount
- Cancellation policy
What will I get?
This course combines online learning sessions and an in-person workshop. Specifically, it includes:
- Online Seminar #1 (September 30th, 2015, 9:00-11:00am PST): Online learning and coaching webinar facilitated by our experienced sustainability advisors
- 3-day in-person workshop (October 21st-23rd, 2015, 8:30am-4:30pm PST): Facilitated according to the best practices of participatory, adult learning (includes lunch, refreshments, and all course materials)
- Online Seminar #2 (November 11th, 2015, 9:00-11:00am, PST): Online learning and coaching webinar facilitated by our experienced sustainability Associates
- A certificate of completion from The Natural Step Canada
What will I learn?
Building on The Natural Step Canada’s Level 1 Sustainability Course, these 3 days will focus on the application of sustainability processes and will leverage the expertise of your fellow participants and facilitators. You will practice real time development of sustainability strategy, present your results for feedback and refinement, and leave with experiences to underpin a successful sustainability change process in your organization.
You will be exposed to world-class facilitators who are internationally-recognized sustainability practitioners.
Each day you will interact closely with your peers, discussing and presenting your ideas and challenges back to the group. There will also be ample opportunities to network throughout the course.
In this course, you will:
- Conduct a Sustainability Value Assessment of your business, community, or organization
- Strategize how to mobilize colleagues, address objections, and get buy-in to advance sustainability in your business, community, or organization
- Practice an elevator pitch to make the case for sustainability
- Explore the ecological and social science basis of The Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development
- Reframe your organization’s purpose in terms of meeting basic human needs
- Practice techniques for facilitating a sustainability change process
- Design and receive feedback on a sustainability program for your business, community, or organization
Who are the course instructors?
This course will be led by The Natural Step Canada's experienced sustainability advisors:
Associate, Event Support
Where is this taking place?
British Columbia Institute of Technology- Downtown Campus, Room 410, 555 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 3H6.
Please contact Matt Mayer at mmayer(at)naturalstep.ca for questions about the course.
Please help us spread the word...
- @TNS_Canada Level 2 #Sustainability Course is coming to #Vancouver! For more information and to register please visit http://bit.ly/tnslevel2van
The Natural Step Canada Level 2 Sustainability course is coming to Vancouver! For more information and to register please visit http://bit.ly/tnslevel2van
This event uses 100% renewable energy
The Natural Step Canada's events, courses, and workshops have been generously supplied with 100% renewable energy by our partner Bullfrog Power. Learn more about Bullfrog's green electricity option.
All cancellations must be received in writing. The amount paid, minus a 20% processing fee, will be refunded for all cancellations received 30 days prior to the course start date. A refund of 50% of the price paid will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the course start date. However, no refund will be issued for cancellations received within 7 days of the course start date. Note that we are not issuing credit notes at this time but that you may substitute another person if you are unable to attend.
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel the course within seven days of the course start date. If the course is cancelled we will provide a full refund however, we are not responsible for travel and accommodation costs.