MBA Sustainability Leadership Bootcamp (Calgary, AB)
Are you ready to join an incredible group of students and recent graduates in creating and implementing sustainability solutions? If so, join us in Calgary, AB from November 8 to 11, 2013, to explore this complex issue, create innovative solutions, and develop sustainability leadership skills.
To train, empower, and create a network of 30 MBA students and recent graduates who can help accelerate change towards sustainability.
Sector Theme (Calgary 2013)
During the workshop, participants will spend approximately half their time honing their individual skills and expertise in becoming 'sustainability champions' within organizations. These skills will enable participants to more effectively bring forth change in their respective organizations, no matter where they work in the future. The other half of the workshop content will include case study assignments, where the core concepts of strategic sustainable development are practiced, using real-life examples of sustainability challenges within a particular sector. Each MBA Bootcamp will focus on a specific sector, in order to create the best possible curriculum flow. The process of applying the core concepts will be readily applicable to any sector - so participants need not plan to work in this sector, nor do they need to come with any pre-existing knowledge or experience in this sector.
For the Calgary 2013 MBA Bootcamp, the theme will be Sustainable Energy. Assignments that apply the core concepts of the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development will include tasks such as:
- What would a sustainable energy system look like?
- What are some key sustainability challenges for energy companies?
- For energy projects and initiatives, how can you best identify and engage stakeholders to enable success that leads towards a more sustainable society?
Who Should Apply?
- MBA students* or recent graduates who are interested in learning more about sustainability and becoming sustainability change agents.
- Early to mid-career professionals who want to develop their skills, gain practical experience communicating sustainability concepts, and become sustainability leaders to effect change throughout Canada.
*In some cases, students in related studies may be accepted if space allows.
When and Where?
This program will take place from November 8 -11, 2013 in Calgary, AB.
- Day 1 (Half-day, Afternoon start) will be at: Room 201, The Kahanoff Centre, 105 12th Avenue SE, Suite 200, Calgary, AB T2G 1A1 (map)
- Days 2, 3, 4 (Full days) will be at: Calgary Economic Development, Calgary TELUS Convention Centre, 731 1st Street SE, Calgary, AB T2G 2G9 (map)
There will be a Networking Reception hosted in the evening after Day 1. The location of the reception is Endeavor Arts & Event Space, 1209 1st Street Southwest #200, Calgary, AB T2R 0V3 (map)
The total costs to participants for this four-day session are:
- $250 (Student or Unemployed)
- $350 (Self-Employed or Non-Profit)
- $650 (Corporate / For-Profit)
The program includes lunch, coffee/tea, and light snacks each day of the Bootcamp session, as well as one evening networking event. Note that travel and accommodation are not included. A small number of bursaries will be available based on need. Please indicate in your application if you would like to be considered for a bursary.
Applications have closed for this program
Past Bootcamp Speakers & Panelists have included:
- Bob Willard, sustainability expert and author of The Sustainability Advantage, The Next Sustainability Wave, and The Sustainability Champion’s Guidebook
- Claude Ouimet, Senior VP and General Manager (Canada and Latin America) of Interface Inc.
- Mark Anielski, President and CEO of Anielski Management Inc (AMI), author of The Economics of Happiness: Building Genuine Wealth, and Adjunct Professor at the University of Alberta in the School of Business
- Nicholas Parker, Founding Managing Partner, Cleantech Global Partners. Chairman, Blue Economy Initiative, Cleantech Group LLC, Corporate Knights Media Ltd, and WaterTAP Corp.
For more information and to get involved, please contact emergingleaders(at)naturalstep.ca.
Please help us spread the word...
- Join the next generation of sustainability business leaders in #Calgary at #MBAbootcamp http://bit.ly/18oa0Kw
- Become a leader for sustainable change in business - join #MBAbootcamp Nov 8 in #Calgary http://bit.ly/18oa0Kw
- Business can be a force for sustainable change. Learn how to lead it. #MBAbootcamp http://bit.ly/18oa0Kw
- How are you going to bring sustainability to the centre of your future company? #MBAbootcamp http://bit.ly/18oa0Kw
- Join the next generation of sustainability business leaders in Calgary Nov 8 - 11 for The Natural Step Canada's upcoming MBA Sustainability Leadership Bootcamp. Apply @ http://bit.ly/18oa0Kw
If you are interested in sponsoring this exciting program, please contact Colin Baril, Director, Operations and Development, at cbaril(at)naturalstep.ca or 613.748.3001 x224.
All cancellations must be received in writing. The amount paid, minus a 20% processing fee, will be refunded for all cancellations received 30 days prior to the course start date. A refund of 50% of the price paid will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the course start date. However, no refund will be issued for cancellations received within 7 days of the course start date. Note that we are not issuing credit notes at this time but that you may substitute another person if you are unable to attend.
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel the course within seven days of the course start date. If the course is cancelled we will provide a full refund however, we are not responsible for travel and accommodation costs.