Job Opportunity: Senior Project Manager
|Position:||Senior Project Manager|
|Position Location:||Ottawa or Toronto|
|Details:||This is a 12 month term contract with opportunity for renewal and/or permanent employment.|
|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $65,000|
This is not a cookie-cutter PMP job. This is an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty in developing and honing efficient systems that will enable The Natural Step to scale - so we can work better, not harder. As the ideal candidate, you want to apply your talents to optimizing our systems, you thrive in an agile work environment, and you seek to find efficiencies across the whole organization. You are efficient and proficient in all project management related tasks/skills while communicating effectively with the team. You don't want to work for just anyone, you want to contribute accelerating Canada's transition to a sustainable society.
The Natural Step Canada is a dynamic non-profit organization with over a decade of experience helping organizations and individuals understand and make meaningful progress toward sustainability. Our vision is a sustainable society-one in which individuals, communities, businesses, and institutions thrive within nature's limits. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a sustainable society. The Natural Step Canada has a head office in Ottawa, and staff and Associates based across the country.
We are part of a global network of non-profit organizations that has been at the forefront of sustainable development internationally for more than twenty-five years.
As The Natural Step's leading Project Management expert, you:
- Are a disciplined PMP who is well versed in project management methodologies and ready to work both within and across multiple projects and programs,
- Find synergies and efficiencies that leverage and optimize resources across organizations,
- Use data to inform team decision-making and to identify opportunities and mitigate risks,
- Are nimble and thrive on helping the teams make decisions around scope, timelines and budgets in an entrepreneurial non-profit setting,
- Proactively keep teams apprised of the status of key projects and tasks, and customize reporting appropriately depending on the profile of the audience (i.e. boards, management teams, front-line staff),
- Are adept at helping teams embrace project management disciplines and culture as a way of optimizing their workflow without making it seem like an administrative burden, and
- Are continually learning your craft and seeking ways to share knowledge with your colleagues.
Systems & Policies
- Lead collaborative efforts to develop project management policies and protocols for the organization that conform with PMI standards, but that are appropriate given the size, scale and need of the organization;
- Customize and maintain the Wrike project management system to conform with the above-mentioned policies and protocols in ways that simplify use by staff;
- Develop and maintain standardized reports and queries that efficiently generate critical reports for a diverse range of audiences and purposes;
- Ensure adequate training and supports are provided to staff in the use of Wrike, either directly or through outsourced resources.
Project identification and direction:
- Assist project leaders and other staff in managing resources efficiently, managing costs, and planning and scheduling project activities;
- Ensure all projects and programs have clearly defined project charters that align with a clear vision for the project, and with the broader strategies and objectives of The Natural Step Canada;
- Ensure the project is undertaken in accordance with TNS standards, processes and documentation, and conform with PMI standards.
Performance & Learning:
- Provide colleagues/staff with program management leadership to drive requested initiatives to completion, while looking for opportunities to continually improve processes and engage with the teams;
- Monitor and report on project performance: scope, schedule, and budget;
- Act as the main point of contact for feedback on project progress and other project related information for the team;
- Contribute to evaluative team learning and quality improvement.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years interactive project management experience across multiple projects and programs
- PMP certification with a proven record of successfully delivering projects.
- Organizational Change management experience
- Post secondary education (Diploma or Degree)
- Experience with Wrike, Salesforce, Slack, Google-suite, Excel preferred
- Ability to navigate ambiguity while coordinating multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proficient in budget management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and motivate in a collaborative environment
- Ability to influence, be diplomatic and empathetic
Application deadline: Monday, March 6, 2017
Start date: Monday, April 3, 2017
This is a 12 month term contract with opportunity for renewal and/or permanent employment.
Salary range: $50,000 - $65,000